January can be the hardest time of year to get yourself motivated to exercise yet it’s the time people most chose to re set their fitness goals. Getting motivated to get back into your routine can be a challenge in its self. One of the best ways to get back into it is to find a workout that works for you. Whether that’s following your tailored program, doing circuit classes or things a little outside of your norm like Dance Fitness, Pilates, the Super Circuit session, or a mixture of all.
Make 2018 the year you feel awesome – and your year of no excuses. Speaking of excuses, do you relate to any in the list below. If you do, how about trying to write a corresponding positive that may help you get over that hurdle.
Top gym excuses:
- I’m too tired and I don’t have enough time
- It’s too hot or cold and I’ve got too much to do at home
- I’m not feeling 100 per cent and I don’t want to make it worse, and I’ve got a headache
- I did a lot of walking today so I don’t need to exercise as well, or I’ve been good with my diet today so I don’t need to exercise
- It’s the weekend, or I need to go out afterwards and won’t have time to shower/get ready or the traffic is bad
Here are a few tips to help you stick to your plan
- Fit it into your lifestyle: Whether that’s setting your alarm 30 minutes earlier and getting your workout in first thing or using your lunch break to go for a walk. Make sure you plan it into your day, so you can stick to it. Be time efficient and train smart, not long
- Make it social: Training in a group or with a friend makes you more accountable
- Invest in yourself: Don’t be afraid to ask your trainer tailor your sessions to you and your goals, don’t feel you have to stick with the same thing
- Start with small changes: Setting yourself one thing to change each week is much more manageable and will lead to long term changes without feeling too overwhelming